CALL FOR APPLICATION
Development Reporting Fellowship is a fellowship for journalists who are writing on or are interested to write on emerging development issues in Nepal’s context. The fellowship aims to promote in-depth reporting on topics of pressing concern, particularly those that relate to Nepal’s development discourse. In this regard, the fellowship awards individual journalists with small grants that support them in making a systematic inquiry and investigation into selected topics, organizing the findings, and presenting the same through appropriate media outlets. Journalists are encouraged to both explore the development challenges facing Nepal and also bring to fore the best practices that promise new and innovative solutions to the enduring problems.
The fellowship is intended for mid-career journalists working in Nepali, English and other media outlets, including newspapers (daily, weekly, fortnightly or monthly), FM radio stations (community-based or private), television channels and online news portals in Nepal—open to both national- and local-level outlets. Before applying for the fellowship, please ensure your eligibility.
The Fellowship Research Agenda
Interested candidates are invited to submit a brief proposal (with proposed title, and a 100- to 300-word brief note about the story/report/article to be written under the title) on any one of the following issues/themes:
- Economic Inpact ofClimate Change, disaster risk reduction, poverty, and the links among them
- Good governance, gender equality and social inclusion
- Sustainable Development Goals
Deadline: November 28, 2021
- The Developing Reporting Fellowship is open to citizens of Nepal with at least three years of professional journalistic experience with newspapers, television channels, FM radio stations, online news portals and/or other news organizations.
- Freelance journalists/writers can also apply for this fellowship provided they could demonstrate documentary evidence of journalistic experience of over three years.
- Applicant must demonstrate his/her reporting and analytical skills through submitting writing samples.
Terms and Conditions
- The candidate must have met all the criteria mentioned above
- All applicants must have a unique idea or topic (related to any areas listed above) for news/feature/story to be investigated, researched and published with the support of the fellowship within a fixed timeframe. This should be explained in a 100- to 300-word brief note describing the proposed topic.
- Each awardee must publish/broadcast the article/report in the relevant media outlet as per the fellowship.
- Candidates from socially/historically excluded/marginalized groups will be given a priority. Women journalists are strongly encouraged to apply.
- The fellowship amount will be Rs. 100,000.
How to Apply?
Interested candidates may apply for the fellowship by the deadline with the following documents:
- A brief note on the proposed topic of investigative research/article (the shorter the better, max 300 words) explaining the proposed topic.
- An updated CV not more than three pages, including links to three investigative reports published by the candidate.
Send your application to email@example.com email or filling the google form link
before the deadline (see above). Only selected candidates will be informed for further process. SEJON reserves the rights to reject applications without providing any reasons whatsoever.